Tuesday 23 June 2020

D.K. has incorporated rock, synth-pop, bluegrass, country, and even pop punk within this debut release



D.K. Lyons, a songwriter living in NYC, saw that challenge and vowed to pour every ounce of himself into his debut album, The Past (Romanticized).

Set to release independently on June 26th via CD Baby, The Past (Romanticized) is an introspective look at past relationships, loss, and life transitions through a pair of rose-colored glasses. With authenticity at the forefront, The Past (Romanticized) will act as the soundtrack to take you headfirst through years of D.K.’s personal life.
“Tom Petty was a huge influence on me from a very young age. He was my dad's absolute favorite, I remember riding in the back seat of his Chevy Impala listening to records like Full Moon Fever, Into the Great Wide Open, Echo, and Wildflowers on end.

My dad passed away when I was 6, so I've always felt this deeper connection to Tom because of that link. It made me want to be like Tom Petty. It's why I started writing songs and picked up the guitar. When Tom died tragically in 2017, it was like my adult self living through my dad's death again too.

It was an incredibly tragic and dark time, but also a time that spawned a lot of really strong songwriting on my part, which is sprinkled throughout my debut record.”
- D.K. Lyons

Showcasing his flexibility as a musician, D.K. has incorporated rock, synth-pop, bluegrass, country, and even pop punk within this debut release. Even with that diversity, he maintains that cohesive feeling you desire from an album.

Each genre plays a purposeful role in the record, helping tie the music into the emotion behind each song.
Invigorate your emotions and let yourself play through The Past (Romanticized). You’ll dance, you’ll cry, you’ll yearn, and most of all you will feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment