Saturday 27 December 2014

Best Gigs Of The Year - 2014

2014 has led to more awesome live music as I continue to discover more wonderful and talented musicians thanks mostly to the wonders of social media.

May saw me catch not one but two unmissable events. 



The first was the launch party for Héllena's single Dream Big and she is one impressive artist not just vocally but also in terms of stage presence - this lady certainly knows how to captivate the crowd.



The second was the uniquely voiced and guitar wizard Charlene Soraia.

The only let down was that she performed as a support act so I'm hoping to catch her when she hopefully headlines next year.



July saw another of Muzical Mindz's Souls Of Fusion events and the night already featured an impressive line up from Americana Duo Sister Sidney to Soul Sensation Noel DaCosta.

In order to help Muzical Mindz with the success of this event in terms of attendees I brought along the acts I was promoting and Scarlett asked if she could perform one song - I already knew she had an impressive voice but her live performance blew me away ... WOW.



Last July I happened to stumble across one half of the Israeli Band Marbl at one of Be On The Scene's Open Mic Events, this talented keyboard player astounded me with her amazing vocals.

When I found out the band were returning to UK shores for a London Tour, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them perform live.



At the end of November, Jess King had been invited by Hannah Judson to perform at the first MuseFest event and like with Marbl - this was another event not to be overlooked.

I had already become a fan of Jess's Jazzy vocals and heartfelt lyrics so to see her live was a wonderful experience, she's really in the zone when it comes to performing live.


Post By - Boulent Mustafa

No comments:

Post a Comment