Thursday 10 September 2015

Meresha leads towards a New Revolution courtesy of her fresh sounds




Meresha is currently based in South Florida but was born in Warsaw, Poland.

Mainly a vocalist she also plays the Guitar, Piano and Drums plus she composes and performs her own eclectic mix of provocative music which blends Bjork, Disclosure and Freddie Mercury to create a fresh new sound.

Meresha worked her unique brand of musical magic to transform Acid Bass into something special and the result of that is the wonderful New Revolution.

This song showcases her fresh musical style and as if that wasn't enough thanks to the masterful vision of MTV VMA nominated director David Rousseau, who has previously worked with the likes of Pitbull, Christina Aguilera and Enrique Iglesias.

We are treated to glow sticks and cool dance choregraphy as New Revolution is given life on a visual medium.

Meresha was also kind enough to take time out of her hectic schedule to answer a few questions for us.

1) How did you get into music in the first place?

When I was 11 during summer break I wrote a song called “Fool Don’t Be” just for fun.    I recorded it in a CD booth in a Miami mall.  Friends and family that heard it encouraged me to pursue music.  After that, I started to get vocal lessons and perform live.  An updated version of “Fool Don’t Be” ended up being part of my Kickstarter campaign 5 years later that got my first music out.

2) Who were your musical influences?

My musical influences come from a wide variety of genres.  I love a bunch of eclectic stuff. Freddie Mercury, Bjork, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley are some of the classics in my collection. 
I’m also a big fan of electronic artists like James Blake and FKA Twigs

3) What tunes are currently on repeat on your Mp3 Player?

Right now I’ve got these 5 playlists going: “One Love” - for some Reggae vibes; Jazz Classics; The Perks of Being a Wallflower; The Complete Years & Years as well as The Complete James Blake.

4) What’s your life outside of music?

I like to go to a lot of other people’s concerts.  Whenever I can, I am also outside running, biking or blading.  I’m a certified Zumba instructor, though I don’t teach.  I still love it as a workout.  It inspired some of the moves in my current video for “New Revolution”.

5) If you could collaborate with any singer who would it be?

Hey James Blake, ready for a duet?

6) What’s your favourite genre of music?

I have favorites in a bunch of genres. Probably I listen most to music that some call Electronic, but I also love classic Rock, funk, reggae, some pop, etc.

7) What’s next for you musically and are there plans for a UK Tour?

The video for “New Revolution” just came out.  I also redid the mix and released a Radio Mix which is going out to stations.  I’ve also got a remix competition going on Indaba that over 180 producers have submitted “New Revolution” mixes to so far.  Once I sort through the entries, I’ll be releasing a remix EP.

8) What are your strengths and weaknesses?

I guess I keep trying. That’s a big part of being a musician.  It would be too easy to stop and do something simpler.  But then what fun would that be.  

Weaknesses?  I guess like a lot of artists I’m really tough on myself.  It’s hard to listen to some of my own music sometimes because I tend to focus on what could have been better rather than just on enjoying it.

9) Where do you draw inspiration for your song lyrics?

From nature, from my travels, from things I experience, from grooves I hear.  From all over.

10) What is your guilty pleasure?


Guess I might like chocolate too much.

Website - http://www.meresha.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Mereshas?fref=ts
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Mereshas
Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/meresha
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRl5UE_lNSbgf0NsLgFF4iw


Post By - Boulent Mustafa

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Read, love it.
    The questions and answers section is a great idea!
    Will be coming back to read this blog now we have discovered you

    ReplyDelete